Supervisor Training Curriculum
Applied Behaviour Analysis > Supervision
As of January 2015, all Board Certified Behaviour Analysts and Board Certified Behaviour Analysts – Doctoral Level are required to have completed training in the BCBA® Supervisor Training Curriculum to supervise those who are pursuing the BCBA® or BCaBA® credentials.
Supervision is an essential component of the preparation and continued development of new practitioners in the field of applied behaviour analysis. It is important for those who are supervising to do so in a manner that properly prepares those who are entering the field.
Why The Behaviour Innovations Curriculum?
The Behaviour Innovations Supervisor Training Curriculum*
- Has been developed by Dr. Joel Hundert, Director of Behaviour Innovations, an organization providing ABA services since 1997.
- Provides a Canadian perspective on ethical and legal issues associated with supervision.
- Earn 8 BACB® Type II credits for $20.00 CA per credit
- Training is delivered on-line for 4 hours on each of two consecutive days (Thursday January 29, Friday January 30; 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST)
*This training program is based on the BACB® Supervisor Training Curriculum Outline, but is offered independent of the BACB Supervisor Training Curriculum Outline. [link].
Featuring Jane Lee, M.A., BCBA
Jane Lee, MA, BCBA, is a Senior Clinician at Behaviour Innovations where she supervises home- and centre-based ABA programming, school consultation, assessments, the facilitation of BCBA and BCaBA supervision, and has served as Academic and Program Coordinator. She received her BA Honors in Psychology from Queen’s University then earned her MA in Psychology with an emphasis in Behaviour Analysis from the University of Nevada, Reno. Jane has been a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst since 2008 and has presented at multiple ABAI and APBA conferences.
Description of the Training Program
THURSDAY JANUARY 29, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.EST: PART I: Ethical and Legal Issues
- Review of the literature on supervision
- Models of clinical supervision
- Review of the BACB® Disciplinary and Ethical Standards & Disciplinary Procedures, BACB® Experience Standards For Eligibility, BACB® Guidelines for Responsible Conduct for Behavior Analysts.
- Discussion of legal and ethical issues from a Canadian perspective
FRIDAY JANUARY 30, 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.EST: PART II: Providing Effective Supervision
- Competencies of an effective behaviour analyst
- Effective supervision procedures
- Behaviour skills training and performance feedback
- Evaluating supervisee skills
- Supervision contract
- The use of technologies in supervision
The training will be provided live over the internet. Participants will need to be able to access a high speed internet, or telephone (not long distance) for audio connection. Meeting software with security access will be used to connect participants to the presenter.
The presentation will consist of: discussion, presentation of ideas, videos to model procedures, learning exercises.
Cost: $190.00 CA
Please complete the following information, and fax, or copy and email it to; Jean Hyszka, Office Manager, Behaviour Innovations, 618 The Queensway, Toronto, Ontario, M8Y 1K3; Fax: (416) 251-4688; Email: email@example.com.
Name _________________________________________ Circle one: BCBA BCBA-D Other
Organization: _____________________________________ City: ___________________
Email: __________________________ Telephone: ____________________________
Early bird payment (received by Jan 5, 2015): $170.00 CA.
After December 29, 2014: $190.00 CA.
___ Cheque payable to “Behaviour Innovations”
___ VISA number ___________________________ Expiry: __ (m) / _____ (yr)
___ Paypal (see below). If paying by Paypal, please add instructions that the payment is for the workshop.
Cancellation policy: Funds will be returned in full if cancellation is before January 15 and January 22, 2015. There will be no refund if cancellation is after January 29, 2015.
Have questions?: Call Jean Hyszka, Office Manager, (416) 251-9277, or email Jane Lee, M.A., BCBA, at firstname.lastname@example.org.