We are a private agency that provides ABA services to children and young adults with ASD and their families. Our services include Intensive Behaviour Intervention (IBI) at home and at our school (Children’s College), supported inclusion in schools, diagnostic assessments, as well as community day programming for young adults with developmental disabilities (The HUB for Community Inclusion). In addition to therapeutic services, Behaviour Innovations also provides training and consultation to families, professionals, organizations, public/private schools, and residential care facilities.
The Junior Facilitator is expected to provide one-on-one Intensive Behaviour Intervention (IBI) to a child or young adult with ASD in a home-based program. The Junior Facilitator will implement written programs based on ABA principles to assist clients in developing skills in a wide range of areas (i.e. cognitive, language, social skills, self-help/self-care, fine motor and gross motor, etc), collect and graph data, and follow behaviour protocols as provided. All programs are supervised by a BCBA.
The Junior Facilitator will be expected to travel to and from clients’ homes for programming, so access to a vehicle is strongly recommended (some work is accessible via public transit).
- Schedules are consistent days and times each week
- NOTE: Minimum 6-months commitment required.
- All staff receive initial training in the principles of ABA, as well as ongoing training and feedback with client specific programming.
- The policy of BI is to promote advancement within the organization through building skills in staff. BI will assist appropriate staff in obtaining a Master’s degree and BCBA certification.
- The Junior Facilitator will be expected to travel to and from clients’ homes for programming, so access to a vehicle is strongly recommended (some work is accessible via public transit).
- Part-time with a minimum commitment of 6-9 hours – opportunity for increased hours
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in Psychology, Behavioural Sciences or equivalent or near completion of such degree OR CYW, SSW, PSW, or DSW diploma
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Self-motivated, high energy and enthusiastic individuals are preferred
- Updated police check is required
- Experience working with individuals who have special needs an asset
- Experience implementing ABA/IBI with children and youth an asset